How To Replace A Spot Light
It is the tenant’s responsibility to change the bulbs in your property, this article takes you through how to replace a spot light. Normal and halogen bulbs can be purchased from most hardware shops. Halogen bulbs usually come in two types; GU10 and G9 (or bi-pin). Both have two pins, but the GU10 screws into place, and the bi-pin pushes into the base.
Changing a standard GU10 halogen light bulb:
– Turn off the light at the switch. To be safe, switching off the ‘lights’ circuit on your fuse box is the safe option.
– Give the bulb time to cool
– Place your fingers lightly but firmly around the bulb. It is a good idea to use a cloth glove or other soft cloth to avoid getting body oil on the glass surface. Turn the bulb in an anticlockwise direction to unscrew the bulb.
– Put a new bulb in and screw in a clockwise direction until it is securely fixed in place.
Changing a G9 (bi-pin) halogen bulb:
– Turn off light as above
– Grip the bottom of the bulb and pull directly down. Do not twist.
– Fit the new bulb by aligning the pins with the slots and pushing in.
Changing a double ended halogen light bulb:
– Turn off the light as above
– Hold the bulb in the middle and push it towards one of the end connections. This will release the other end enable you to remove it.
– Fit the new bulb by pushing it firmly against one end of the socket until the other end will easily slip into its connection.
Hopefully this answers your questions ‘How to replace a spot light’.