Back to FAQ's

Should i buy my council house in London?

When a council assesses your home, they will use a variety of criteria to determine its value. This typically includes size, type, location and number of bedrooms. In order for it to be liable for rates higher than the standard ‘Band D’ rate, it is generally expected that you’ll need at least two storeys or six bedrooms depending on where you live within the country. The council looks not only at the house itself but also any land with your property as well as any additional buildings which may make it more desirable such as a desirable outbuildings if this has not been classed separately from the house itself – all of these factors can have an impact on how much our average dwelling’s worth.

Send this to a friend