Back to FAQ's

What documents do I need to be a Guarantor?

What documents do I need to be a Guarantor?

To be a guarantor you have to be a UK homeowner. 

We will need the following documentation from you:

  1. Valid in date passport
  2. 3 months most recent bank statements – from your account that shows where you pay your mortgage and where your pay goes into (if applicable)
  3. 3 months payslips – they must be the most recent ones (If they have only just started their job/or only have 1 or 2 pays slips they will need to provide their employment contract signed by both them and their employer).
  4. Proof of homeownership (either mortgages statement or deeds).
  5. Proof of address must be dated within three months of the tenancy start date. It must show an issue date.

The following forms of proof of place of residence are accepted: 

  • Energy provider bill – with your residential address mentioned for supply etc.
  • Bank letter confirming your residential address
  • UK Driving license (must have the date within 3 months of tenancy start date)
  • Mortgage statement
  • Certificate of voter registration
  • Correspondence between you and a government authority regarding the receipt of benefits such as a pension, unemployment benefits, housing benefits, etc.
  • Gas bill
  • Electricity bill
  • Water bill
  • Cable company bill
  • Landline telephone bill
  • Doctors letter

We hope this has answered your question ‘What documents do I need to be a Guarantor?’.

At Greater London Properties we work hard to ensure the referencing process runs as smoothly as possible. Please visit our website if you have any other questions

Send this to a friend