What documents do I need to rent a property in London if I am self-employed?
If you are self employed you will need these 6 pieces of documentation:
- Valid in date passport (we will need to view the original document 28 days before your tenancy start date). This is a UK legal Requirement, Right to rent.
- Valid in date visa (we will need to view the original document 28 days before your tenancy start date). This is a UK legal Requirement, Right to rent.
- 6 months most recent bank statements – from your account that shows where you pay your rent and where your pay goes into.
- 3 years of your most recent tax returns (not from your business but your personal ones)
- If you are a homeowner then we would need to see proof of homeownership (either mortgages statement or deeds).
- Proof of address must be dated within three months of the tenancy start date. It must show an issue date.
The following forms of proof of place of residence are accepted:
- Energy provider bill – with your residential address mentioned for supply etc.
- Bank letter confirming your residential address
- UK Driving license (must have the date within 3 months of tenancy start date)
- Mortgage statement
- Certificate of voter registration
- Correspondence between you and a government authority regarding the receipt of benefits such as a pension, unemployment benefits, housing benefits, etc.
- Gas bill
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Cable company bill
- Landline telephone bill
- Doctors letter
If you would like to read more about the legal requirements of right to rent in the UK, please click here.
Hopefully the above information answers your question ‘What documents do I need to rent a property in London if I am self- employed?’. When you rent a flat through Greater London Properties, we work extremely hard to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible and keep you updated every step of the way.
If you would like to view our rental properties in London please visit out website.