What do I do if I smell Gas?
If you can smell gas, here is what to do.
– Open the doors and windows to get rid of the gas
– Check to see if the gas has been left on unlit or the pilot light has gone out. If so, turn the appliance off and do not try to relight it until all smell of gas has been cleared from the property.
– If the leak cannot be stopped by turning off an appliance or you are uncertain whether it has been stopped, turn the main gas supply off at the meter and phone the gas emergency service immediately (National Grid: 0800 111 999).
– Do not turn any electrical appliances on or off
– Do not use the doorbell
– Do not smoke
– Do not use matches or naked flames
If you are worried that it is becoming a fire hazard, call the emergency services on 999.
Hopefully this answers your question on What do I do if I smell Gas?